You guys, I am a little bit of a motivation/ positivity junkie. Lol. I love everything impowering and inspiring quotes. So, I pulled together a list of my top 10 fave women's empowerment quotes!
10. "I am a woman/ Phenomenally/ Phenomenal women/ That's me." ~ Maya Angelou
What an amazing affirmation. What if we said this to ourselves each day? What if we believed this to our inner core each and every day?
9. "Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn't be that women are the exception." ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg
The statistics on women in leadership have been improving, but we still have a far way to go. I feel privileged to be a female entrepreneur in 2020. I feel thankful for the women who have gone before me, paving a path, allowing that path to be a little easier for me to travel.
8. "There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish." ~ Michelle Obama
Michelle is truly the very best example of this. Have you read the book Becoming? If not, you totally should! The moment I started questioning my own limiting the beliefs about myself, was the day I set myself on a new trajectory. I don't have any clue where it leads. But I have a belief in my abilities that I did not have 5 years ago. I'm leaning into that belief. The waves of self doubt come and go, but they don't stick around as much as they used.
7. "We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead." ~ Beyoncé
Our view of ourselves is soooo important. I believe far too many of us are over critical, thinking too much about our 'lack', and not enough about our greatness. There is a leader inside of each of us, and we just need to reach down and give her the breath to thrive.
6. "I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I'm beautiful. I say if I'm strong. You will not determine my story - I will." ~ Amy Schumer
Hot dang. YES, AMY! Geesssh... Can my fairy godmother please transport back in time and give me Amy Schumer! Lol. As I reflect back on my younger self, I know I was totally looking to others to provide validation. I wanted others to think I was beautiful and reassure me. I wasn't looking for it from within - it was all external. This created a lot of insecurities, because what 'they said' stained me. Because what 'they said' took on more weight than how I felt. I had lost myself to 'them'. And, do you know when this happened for me? In grade 7. I was 12. It took me 20 YEARS to overcome these insecurities developed at the ripe age of 12! Knowing this 20 years later, I know we have to change something. How we do we change this for that 12 year old girl in grade 7 right now, feeling this...
5. "Self-esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgments of others." ~ Oprah Winfrey
As a recovering people pleasing perfectionist, this is tough. This is work that I'm doing right now. I know I am making baby steps, pulling away from other judgements and into my own understanding of self. Each day I grow. Each day I live more fully me.
4. "Never be ashamed of what you feel. You have the right to feel any emotion that you want, and to do what makes you happy. That’s my life motto." ~ Demi Lovato
Shame has no place here. I think I need to make that a bumper sticker! Lol. You guys, I binged Brené Brown books for like 2 years. As a people pleasing perfectionist I realized I was covered in shame from top to bottom. My first step, was simply recognizing the shame that I was holding on to. Sitting with my uncomfortable thoughts, the one's I was trying to ignore... Giving them a voice, speaking them to a friend. Finding a way to laugh at them. They lost their power...
3. "A girl should be two things: who and what she wants." ~ Coco Chanel
This is not selfish. This is knowing yourself. The feeling in your heart that is pulling you forward. That feeling of what feels right. That is your knowing. Trust in it.
2. "I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world." ~ Beyoncé
No analysis required. Love this, Beyoncé!
1. "If you’re always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be." ~ Maya Angelou
This is my favourite! Chasing normal is exhausting. I chased 'being normal' for too long! Then I realized... I'm not normal. I don't want to be normal. I am silly, nerdy, smart, hard working, obsessive and quirky. The combination of my 'not normalness' is my own special sauce. I own that now. It is freeing, it is hard. It creates friction, but an overwhelming sense of peace at the same time.
I hope you enjoyed my top 10 list!! Comment to share with me your favourite one!
A little about Ponyback:
Introducing the women's baseball hat to fit any pony! The perfect hat to fit your style and your hair! Uniquely made for you. Ponyback has a unique magnetic that closes to allow you to wear your hair up or down and look super cute! The ponytail hat that fits any style and type of hair, from the top button to the bottom of the band. Join the hat revolution!